ACCELERSET is a calcium chloride based accelerator used with Portland cement mortars, renders and
concrete where acceleration of the set and high early strength development is required.
• Accelerates setting time of Portland cement mixes.
• Speeds the hardening rate of Portland cement mixes.
• Increases the density of Portland cement mixes.
• Makes concrete less porous.
• Gives high early strength.
• Improves abrasion resistance.
• Reduces dusting.
ACCELERSET is ideal for use when concrete has to be laid when limited time is available for the completion
of the work. The addition of ACCELERSET to Portland cement mixes, speeds up the rate at which the mix
sets and hardens, gives a high early strength development and increases the density of the mix. These
improvements in performance mean that formwork may be stripped earlier than normal. The use of
ACCELERSET improves the abrasion resistance of concrete mixes, makes them less porous and reduces the
danger of surface dusting.
Portland cement mixes containing ACCELERSET may be used for:
• Cold weather concreting.
• Industrial flooring.
• Machine bases and pits.
• Sea defence work.
• Road repairs.
• Precast work giving faster mould turn round, earlier stacking, reduces storage space.
1 to 4 litres of ACCELERSET per 40kg bag of Portland cement.
Normal dosage is 1 to 2 litres per 40kg bag of Portland cement. Please obtain technical advice before using
Accelerset is packed in: 1 litre - 2.5 litre - 5 litre bottles - 20 litre pails - 210 litre drums