No Damp Waterproofing
CEMIX NO DAMP WATERPROOFING is an acrylic brush-on membrane that will prevent rising damp, efflorescence and will resist negative hydrostatic pressure. It has excellent adhesion to most substrates including brick, masonry, concrete block, concrete, stone and timber and is simple to use by brush or roller. CEMIX NO DAMP WATERPROOFING is safe to use and can be overcoated using almost any decorative paint.
CEMIX NO DAMP WATERPROOFING can be applied to damp surfaces and freshly laid hardened (green) concrete and conforms to the Building Code of Australia as a waterproof membrane.
• As a waterproofing membrane over green concrete, before laying timber, vinyl, cork, carpet and ceramic tiles with Cemix adhesive.
• As a primer over timber sheet floors prior to tiling with Cemix WALL & FLOOR TILE ADHESIVE.
• For use as a waterproof membrane prior to applying Cemix Leveller.
• As a barrier coating over damp, green or efflorescence prone concrete walls prior to overcoating with decorative paints.
• As a negative hydrostatic pressure resistant waterproof membrane to prevent water seepage or dampness penetration through to the interior of walls and floors.
• As a waterproof barrier on the negative side of below grade surfaces such as basements, retaining walls and car parks.
1. On floors, spread the material using a brush or long nap roller to achieve coverage and finish using a long nap roller.
2. On walls, apply the product by brush/roller or spray, taking care to achieve required coverage. The second coat can be applied after 4 hours. When finishing, it is necessary to lay the material onto the surface and lightly finish to achieve the required dry film thickness per coat.
3. Care must be taken to work the material into voids and avoid pinholing.
4. A minimum of 2 coats is recommended for areas affected by hydrostatic pressure and care should betaken to ensure uniformity of material and the required coverage is maintained.
For more details please download the product data sheet and the material safety data sheet.