Cemix Bituproof Plus is a specially formulated stable bituminous emulsion for sealing and waterproofing concrete and concrete block walls below and above ground. It is equally suited for waterproofing and damp proofing applications on practically any type of surface, vertical or horizontal. Recommended for external use only. Not suitable where negative water pressure is present.
Conforms to NZS 3604:1999 & Complies with NZ Building Code Clause E2/AS1
Typical Application & Uses:
- Cemix Bituproof Plus is specially designed for waterproofing applications and will bond to almost any surface
- Cemix Bituproof Plus may be applied to new or existing structures, and will bond to a damp surface
- Can also be mixed with sand, to form a mortar of any desired consistency
- Easy to apply by brush, roller or spray
- Will bond to almost any surface
- Does not run or creep under any heat
- Can be applied to damp surfaces
- Resists a wide range of acids and alkalis
- Odourless and produces no fumes
- Can be sand filled to produce a mortar
2L, 4L, 10L, 20L & 210L
Clean the surface to be treated, removing all dust, grease foreign matter, release agents and curing compound residue.
Stir contents well and apply Cemix® Bituproof Plus as supplied, by brush. May also be applied by commercial spray equipment.
To most surfaces, apply Cemix® Bituproof Plus as supplied, by brush. The first coat should be applied in one direction only. If possible the second coat should be applied at right angles to the first. On porous surfaces a primer coat of Cemix® Bituproof Plus diluted with equal quantity of water should be used followed by two undiluted coats as above. Do not brush out to obtain better coverage.
Two coats of Cemix® Bituproof Plus are recommended for complete waterproofing. Cemix® Bituproof Plus is an air setting material, and will dry on brushes duringapplication. It is suggested that the brushes be washed out every 15 - 20 minutes. For large areas, 2 or 3 brushes used in rotation can help to reduce loss of time during application. Final clean up should be carried out using white spirits or similar materials.
When used as a sand mortar, the amount of sand added to the Cemix® Bituproof Plus will determine the plasticity of the mortar and the hardness of the set material.
Appearance – Black thick liquid
Application Temp – 5 – 30oC
Yield / Coverage – Up to 2m2 per 1litre. Coverage depends on the texture of the surface being treated and the thickness at which the material is applied.
Packaging – 2L, 4L, 10L and 20L pails and 210L drums.
The data shown above reflects typical results based on laboratory testing under controlled conditions. Reasonable variations may occur on site.
- Bituminous products will deteriorate under ultra-violet light. Cemix® Bituproof Plus may be protected from such damage by painting with water based paints.
- Consult paint manufacturers regarding method of application and suitability of paint for use over bituminous coatings.
- Not suitable where negative water pressure is present.
Clean all tools with water & brush immediately after use.
Bituminous products will deteriorate under ultra-violet light. Cemix® Bituproof Plus may be protected from such damage by painting with water based paints. Consult paint manufacturers regarding method of application and suitability of paint for use over bituminous coatings.
This product can be stored in its original container for up to twelve (12) months. Protect from frost during storage.