- Close-knit team
- Great Company culture
- Full time long term position
Cemix is the leading manufacturer of bagged concrete, mortar, concrete additives and waterproofing products. Cemix is a well-established brand, with a 30 year history supplying a wide range of truly innovative products via leading hardware merchant retail chains.
We are seeking a proactive and highly self-motivated professional to join our team based at Onehunga. Reporting to the Production Manager, your key responsibilities include and are not limited to:
- To manage the site preventative maintenance and support with reactive maintenance
- To manage contractors in ensuring compliance to site safety program and quality workmanship completed according to good engineering practises
- To lead and provide production support in 24hr operation M-F. This means attending to breakdowns and managing contractors. Some maintenance may be scheduled in weekends, especially on Sundays
- To ensure compliance of site Health & Safety and ISO9001 Quality program
- To ensure plant is operated in a safe manner and daily production targets is achieved
- To acquire intimate knowledge of our plant and products and thus able to troubleshoot any operational challenges and
- To participate in continuous improvement programs – backfill production team leaders in running the plant and providing KPI results
To be considered for this position, you:
- Are an engineering graduate
- Have min. one-year supervisory experience in 24hr manufacturing operations
- Have previous experience in manufacturing industry – operating PLC plant with Silos, set-up, running and maintenance of packaging form, fill, seal machine
- Have good problem solving and communication skills, attention to detail and a team player.
- Enjoy continuous improvement programs (thinking differently) and has a passion for safety first, quality and loves people management will be the ideal candidate for this position.
- Have previous experience in plant maintenance (MEX Program) and understand about asset management, inventory and budgets
At Cemix, we aim to recruit, develop and retain our employees. This is a permanent position and will suit someone with strong work ethics, performance driven, not afraid to get their hands dirty and a desire to progress and grow with the company.
If you are ready for the challenge, work well in a team environment and wanting to take your career to the next level - please apply online with a current CV and to apply for this position you must have the right to live and work in NZ.
Apply to: Abdul Zamin - [email protected]