CEMIX GROUT SEALER is a water based, stain and water resistant, penetrating, clear sealer for grout.
Suitable for tiling particularly wet areas in interior and exterior applications.
• Fast drying
• Allows substrate to breathe
• Environmentally friendly
• Weather resistant and UV stable
• Mould resistant
Varies according to the tile size and joint width. Approximately 10m 2 to 20m 2 for a 500ml container.
The grout surface should be free of efflorescence, dust, grease, wax, oil, dirt and all other friable materials and contaminants likely to prevent the sealer bonding.
Ideally, CEMIX GROUT SEALER should be applied to tiled joints that have been recently laid and cured. The grout should have cured for a minimum of 48 hours before application of the sealer. Ensure there are no existing stains or marks as these will be visible through the clear finish sealer.
No mixing required.
1. Mildly shake the bottle before using.
2. Spray the sealer along the grout joint or apply with a soft brush.
3. After 4 to 5 minutes, wipe any excess sealer from the tiles with a damp cloth.
4. After 30 minutes to an hour, apply again as above. There should be enough sealer applied for each coat that it soaks into the grout surface. Do not over apply as ponding will cause the formation of a milky coating.
DRYING & CURING:
Allow to cure for 24 to 48 hours before any water is applied. To check, put a few drops of water on the grout sealed surface the water should bead and not be absorbed.
Clean tools with water immediately after use.
STORAGE & SHELF LIFE:
12 months when stored in the original, unopened packaging, in a dry place at 23°C and 50% relative humidity.
Ensure that there is no product left on the tiling surface after application. Failure to do so can result in the formation of a hard milky coating.