CEMIX ACRYLBOND is an acrylic water resistant modifier and bonding agent for concrete, mortar, plaster, repairs and floor toppings.
TYPICAL APPLICATIONS & USES
CEMIX ACRYLBOND is used for improving and bonding floor toppings, plasters and mortars, repairs of worn, damaged or spalled concrete, floor screeds, toppings and concrete repair systems. Ideal for use in outside applications subject to continual presence of water.
- Ready to use from the container
- Provides excellent adhesion to concrete, masonry, plaster, cement fibreboard and most surfaces
- Greatly improves tensile, compressive and flexural properties allowing thin section application of concrete, mortar, floor toppings etc
- Excellent bond achieved even several hours after application
- Is not affected by water in exterior situations
- Improves abrasion resistance and durability
- Chemical resistance is improved
- Improves mobility and performance while reducing shrinkage
- Non – toxic (can be used in contact with potable water)
It is important to ensure the substrate surface is clean and free from dust and
loose material. Old paint should be removed, as should oil, grease, wax, curing compounds and surface laitance etc. Substrate surfaces should be
pre dampened with water, with any excess brushed off.
A typical mix design for floor topping or patch repairing is 1 cement, 2 - 3 clean dry sand with CEMIX ACRYLBOND, at the rate of 5L / 40kg bag of cement, added to the mixing water. For more difficult situations, such as permanent dampness, very dense floors etc. a slurry coat of the dry mix with a 1:1 mixture of CEMIX ACRYLBOND and water, added to give a brushable slurry, should be applied firmly onto the surface with a brush or stiff broom and allowed to achieve initial set before the topping, mortar etc. is applied.
applications it is important to ensure that the substrate surface is clean and free from dust and
loose material. Old paint should be removed, as should oil, grease, wax, curing compounds and surface laitance etc. A primer coat will ensure maximum adhesion. The surface should be
pre dampened with water, with any excess brushed off. Scrub undiluted CEMIX ACRYLBOND into the surface avoiding puddling. The mortar, topping, plaster should be applied while the primer is still tacky for optimum results.
As with all concrete repair, new repairs should be protected from wind, rain or direct sunlight using wet hessian or plastic sheeting until cured
• It is important to use clean, washed and graded silica sand for CEMIX ACRYLBOND modified mortars.
• Cement should always be fresh and dry.
• All expansion joints and shrinkage control joints are to be reflected through the new repair mortar. Failure to follow these joints through could lead to cracking and subsequent failure.
CEMIX ACRYLBOND is not to be used in areas subject to constant immersion.
It is important to agitate this product well before use.
CEMIX ACRYLBOND has a shelf life of 12 months minimum when unopened in original containers.
Clean all tools with water & brush immediately after use.
- Appearance – Milky White
- Application Temp –5°C – 30°C
- Yield / Coverage - 12m2 - 16m2 per litre. Coverage is dependent on the roughness and porosity of the existing surface.