CEMIX AQUASTOP is a white, cement based, waterproofing membrane, designed for use on concrete and masonry surfaces in positive and negative pressure applications.
CEMIX AQUASTOP can be used as an interior and exterior waterproofer on surfaces including concrete, masonry and exterior use plaster. It can be used as a decorative, white finish. Alternatively, it can be tinted or painted over.
– Can be applied to a damp surface
– Does not chalk or dust
– Inhibits mould growth
Varies according to the substrate condition. Approximate coverage per kg of product for concrete 2m2 to 4.5m2, and for stucco 1.5m2 to 4m2.
The substrate should be free of dust, grease, wax, oil, dirt, loose plaster, laitance, curing compounds, paint and all other friable materials and contaminants likely to prevent the adhesive bonding.
New concrete should be left with a wood float finish and sufficiently aged as per manufacturer recommendations.
All substrates should be structurally sound, securely fastened and properly supported to eliminate any movement that may cause cracking.
The substrate should ideally be dry or damp (at most) but not wet.
1. Add clean water to a mixing container. Use approximately 900ml of water per kg of product.
2. Add CEMIX AQUASTOP to the water, mixing constantly with a mixing paddle, until a creamy consistency is achieved.
3. Add further water if required. Do not exceed 1.1 litres of water per kg of product.
4. Allow to stand for 10 minutes.
5. Stir again before applying.
6. If required, stir occasionally while using to prevent the product settling.
If desired, a small amount of CEMIX oxide can be added to tint the mixture. This must be mixed at the outset at a maximum ratio of 40g per kg of CEMIX AQUASTOP.
Note: The product must be applied within one hour of mixing.
1. Apply to the surface generously and evenly, using a thick bristle brush. Ensure any pin holes are brushed out.
2. After a minimum of 6 hours, apply a second coat at right angles to the first coat.
DRYING & CURING TIME
Drying and curing time may vary depending on the substrate and climate. In general, 7 days is required before the passage
of water can effectively be resisted.
Clean tools with water immediately after use. If material becomes set on tools, remove using CEMIX CONCRETE DISSOLVER.
STORAGE & SHELF LIFE
Up to 12 months when stored in the original, unopened packaging, in a dry place at 23°C and 50% relative humidity.
Do not apply if humidity is over 85% or if rain is expected within 48 hours. High winds, direct sunlight or excessive heat may cause CEMIX AQUASTOP to cure too quickly. It is recommended to apply to exterior work while it is shaded.
Cannot be applied over bitumen, tar, oil, rubber, plastic and metal surfaces, nor over previously painted concrete or any other existing coating.
Cannot be used as an undertile waterproofer.
If your project requires Building Consent, please email firstname.lastname@example.org about the suitability of this product before use.