DESCRIPTION & USES:
CEMIX BITUPATCH is a ready to use, cold mix Bitumen asphalt, designed for repairing potholes in asphalt roads, driveways and paths. It is simply and easily placed directly from the bag or pail into the hole.
– Speed bumps
– Ready to use
Approximate yield per bag: 0.01m2
Thoroughly clean the area to be filled. It should be free of any loose and deleterious materials.
All substrates should be structurally sound, securely fastened and properly supported to eliminate any movement that may cause cracking.
For pothole repair, where possible, it is recommended to create a vertical edge to the hole for CEMIX BITUPATCH to butt up against.
1. Place CEMIX BITUPATCH on the area to be repaired. When repairing potholes, ensure the middle of the placed product is higher than the sides, by 5mm to 10mm depending on the repair area size. This will counteract subsidence caused by compacting.
2. Compact the hole. For best results, use a compacting plate or steel wheel roller. For smaller areas, use a large flat material, such as a timber post, compressed with a rubber mallet or similar.
CEMIX BITUPATCH can be applied between 5°C to 30°C. However, for best results, use between 21°C to 30°C.
DRYING & CURING TIME:
Drying time depends on the climate.
Clean tools with xylene or a similar strength solvent thinner immediately after use.
STORAGE & SHELF LIFE:
Up to 12 months when stored in the original, unopened packaging, in a dry place at 23°C and 50% relative humidity.
– Appearance: Grey Powder
– Application Temp. : 5ºC – 30ºC
– Bulk Density: 1kg per litre
– Potlife at 18ºC: 80mins
– Adjustment time at 18ºC: 60mins
– Classification: C1TES1
The data shown above reflects typical results based on laboratory testing under controlled conditions. Reasonable variations may occur on site.
Not suitable for feathering i.e. forming thin edges.
If your project requires Building Consent, please email firstname.lastname@example.org about the suitability of this product before use.