DESCRIPTION & USES
CEMIX BITUPATCH is a ready to use, no mixing required cold mix Bitumen asphalt for the repair of potholes in asphalt roads, driveways and paths. It is simply and easily placed directly from the bag in to the hole.
- Potholes in all types of asphalt
- Speed humps
- CEMIX BITUPATCH can be applied between 5°C – 30°C; however, for best performance, compac-tion and workability, use CEMIX BITUPATCH between air temperatures ranging from 21°C – 30°C.
- Ready to use
- Simple to install – Clean / Pour / Compact
- No time spent waiting for curing
- Can be used in all weather conditions
- High performance
- Cost effective
- Permanent solution
Fill the hole with CEMIX BITUPATCH Make the middle slightly higher than the sides (this is called crowning) Depending on the size of the repair give yourself a 5 – 10mm crown This will counteract the subsidence caused by compacting.
For best results and performance, compact with a mechanical vibrating plate compactor or steel wheel roller Smaller areas can be compacted with any large heavy flat item such as large timber posts, compressed using a rubber mallet.
Thoroughly clean the area to be filled so as to remove all loose and deleterious materials and debris. If possible create a vertical edge to the hole for the CEMIX BITUPATCH to butt up against.
CEMIX BITUPATCH can be applied between 5°C – 30°C; however, for best performance, compaction and workability, use CEMIX BITUPATCH between air temperatures ranging from 21°C - 30°C. A vibratory steel wheel roller will always provide optimum results and performance; however, steel wheel or pneumatic rollers, compactor plates, wheel rolling, and hand tamping are also acceptable methods of compaction.
STORAGE & SHELF LIFE
Store CEMIX BITUPATCH in a cool dry area and use within 12 months.
Clean all tools with water and a still bristled brush immediately after use.
- Appearance – Black Tar
- Application Temp – 5ºC – 30ºC
- Yield / Coverage - One 20kg bag will produce asphalt approximately equivalent to 0.0018m³. (500m x 500mm x 30mm).
- Packaging - 20kg weather resistant bags.
- The data shown above reflects typical results based on laboratory testing under controlled conditions. Reasonable variations may occur on site.