CEMIX BITUPROOF PLUS is a specially formulated stable bituminous emulsion for below ground use only, waterproofing outside concrete and concrete block walls below ground only. It is equally suited for waterproofing and damp proofing applications on practically any type of surface. Brown/black in colour CEMIX BITUPROOF PLUS dries to a black flexible coating which is non-toxic.
- CEMIX BITUPROOF PLUS is specially designed for waterproofing applications and will bond to almost any surface
- CEMIX BITUPROOF PLUS may be applied to new or existing structures and will bond to a damp surface
- Can also be mixed with sand, to form a mortar of any desired consistency
- Easy to apply by brush, roller or spray
- Can be applied to either damp or dry surfaces
- Does not run or creep under heat or slump on vertical surfaces
- Resists a wide range of acids and alkalis
- Produces no fumes
- Can be mixed with sand to produce mortar
- Can be diluted with water for use as a primer coat
- Will bond perfectly with concrete, masonry, bricks, cork, glass, polystyrene insulation etc.
- Excellent for painting on corrugated iron and as a top dressing for malthoid or mastic asphalt floors
- Can be used for barrier coatings in metal protection
- Can be applied to green concrete
Clean the surface to be treated, removing all dust, grease foreign matter, release agents and curing compound residue. Stir contents well and apply Cemix Bituproof Plus as supplied, by brush. May also be applied by commercial spray equipment. Two coats are recommended for complete waterproofing. The first coat should be applied in one direction only, the second coat should be applied at right angles to the first. DO NOT BRUSH TO OBTAIN BETTER COVERAGE. On porous surfaces a primer coat of CEMIX
BITUPROOF PLUS diluted with
equal quantity of clean water should be used followed by two undiluted coats as above. Wash out brushes in water every 15 - 20 minutes during application. Allow complete drying between coats 12 - 24 hours. DO NOT commence application if rain is expected. If waterproofing a below ground wall, allow final coat to dry completely and protect coating with polystyrene sheets, clean sand or similar, before
back filling. Where subjected to ultra-violet light,
bitumous products should be painted with
water based paint for protection. Do not use on interior walls or floors to stop water or dampness.
Instead use CEMIX AQUASTOP or CEMIX NO DAMP. NOT to be applied indoors. Only apply to exterior surfaces which have positive water pressure. Not suitable for roofs, use CEMIX ROOF & GUTTER for it.
Clean the surface to be treated, removing all dust, grease foreign matter, release agents and curing compound residue.
Stir contents well and apply CEMIX
BITUPROOF PLUS as supplied, by brush. May also be applied by commercial spray equipment.
Up to 2m² per litre depending on the texture of the surface being treated. It is recommended to apply three coats.
Clean all tools with water & brush immediately after use.
Shelf life 12 months in
- Bituminous products will deteriorate under ultra-violet light. CEMIX BITUPROOF PLUS may be protected from such damage by painting with water based paints
- Consult paint manufacturers regarding method of application and suitability of paint for use over bituminous coatings
- Not suitable where negative water pressure is present
original sealed container.
The data shown above
- Appearance – Black thick liquid
- Application Temp – 5 – 30°C
reflects typical results based on laboratory testing under controlled conditions. Reasonable variations may occur on site.