CEMIX BUILDERS SAND is general purpose No.1 sand which is washed and graded with aggregates at a maximum of 1.18mm. Cemix Builders Sand is ideal for basic concrete and mortar mixes or any other general purpose sand usage. As Cemix Builders Sand is not a sea sand there is of little or no chloride content present.
TYPICAL APPLICATION & USES
- Concrete mixes
- Mortar mixes – Brick and Block
- General purpose sand usage
- Little or no chloride present
- Consistent colour and quality
- Supplied in plastic packaging and can be stored outside without wastage
- Can be used for bedding of pond liners
- Does not contain coarse aggregate (>1.18mm)
An example of a mortar mix: (Seek technical advice for other mixes such as screeds)
Sand – 4 buckets, Cement – 1 bucket, Cemix® Plimortar – 1 measure. Water as required.
Measure out the sand and cement and thoroughly mix dry. Add the CEMIX PLIMORTAR to at least half the water and mix into a smooth paste and proceed to mix the mortar adding additional water as required. For best results mix for not less than 6 minutes.
Note: CEMIX PLIMORTAR is used at the rate of 1kg per 40kg bag of Portland cement. For more mixing directions, refer to the Cemix® Plimortar datasheet which can be found at www.cemix.co.nz
- Appearance – Sand
- Packaging – 25kg bags
- Solubility - Insoluble in water.
The data shown above reflects typical results based on laboratory testing under controlled conditions. Reasonable variations may occur on site.
Store CEMIX BUILDERS SAND in a cool dry area.