CEMIX CEMPOXY UA MOTAR is a two part, high performance, low to no slump, non-shrink putty designed to bond strongly to dry or damp substrates.
CEMIX CEMPOXY UA MORTAR can be used to patch and repair concrete substates, including slabs, kerbs, pipes and precast work.
– Excellent water and chemical resistance
The substrate should be free of dust, grease, wax, oil, dirt, loose plaster, laitance, curing compounds, paint and all other friable materials and contaminants likely to prevent the mortar bonding.
All substrates should be structurally sound, securely fastened and properly supported to eliminate any movement that may cause cracking.
1. Combine each part of the mortar in equal parts with an appropriate tool or by hand.
2. Continue to mix until a consistent (non-marbled) colour is achieved.
Note: Wear rubber gloves. Avoid entrapping air in the putty. Larger volumes will generate heat & reduce pot life.
1. Apply the mortar to the clean, roughened, dry or damp, substrate. A skim coat can be applied first if required.
2. Work the mortar into the desired position, keeping any application tools wet.
Note: Once the mortar has been placed, do not disturb it or attempt a rework.
Do not allow the mortar to drop below 10ºC until it has cured.
DRYING & CURING TIME:
Drying and curing time depends on the substrate, substrate condition, climate, and the type of application. Allow a minimum of 24 hours at 20°C, before commencing further work or trafficking.
Clean tools with water immediately after use.
STORAGE & SHELF LIFE:
Up to 12 months when stored in the original, unopened packaging, in a dry place at 23°C and 50% relative humidity.
If your project requires Building Consent, please email email@example.com about the suitability of this product before use.
– Appearance: Grey
– Strength (MPa): 45MPa @ 1 day; 70MPa @ 7 days
– Application Temp: 10ºC – 35 ºC
– Mix Ratio: 1:1 by weight or volume.
– Viscosity: Non-slump mortar putty.
– Pot Life: 30min @ 20ºC
– SG: 2.0
– Compressive Modulus: 13 GPa
– Tensile Strength: 23MPa
– Thermal Expansion: 5 x 10-5 mm/mm/ºC
The data shown above reflects typical results based on laboratory testing under controlled conditions. Reasonable variations may occur on site.