CEMIX CEMSCREED is a floor topping and screed. It is a blend of specifically selected and graded micro silica sand, pea metal aggregate and cement, designed to improve workability.
CEMIX CEMSCREED can be used for toppings and screeds on concrete slabs, and for shower and bath bases. Suitable for interior and exterior use.
– Easy to place and shape
– High compressive strength offers increased resistance to abrasion
– High early strength
The substrate should be free of dust, grease, wax, oil, dirt, loose plaster, laitance, curing compounds, paint and all other friable materials and contaminants likely to prevent the adhesive bonding.
New concrete should be left with a wood float finish and sufficiently aged as per manufacturer’s recommendations.
Smooth surfaces on new and old concrete should be scabbled.
All substrates should be structurally sound, securely fastened and properly supported to eliminate any movement that may cause cracking.
It is recommended to prime the surface with a CEMIX bonding agent before the application of CEMIX CEMSCREED.
The concrete substrate must be absorbent or porous. Test this by sprinkling water on the surface. If the water readily soaks into the concrete, the surface is suitable for application. If the water beads on the surface, the concrete is not suitable for application and any previous coatings need to be removed.
1. Add clean water to a mixing container. Use approximately 112ml of water per kg of product.
2. Add CEMIX CEMSCREED slowly to the water, mixing constantly with a mixing paddle, until a smooth consistency is achieved.
Note: Use no more than 120ml of water per kg of product. Only mix as much product as can be used within 20 minutes. Do not aerate the mixture by stirring over vigorously or for too long.
1. Pour the mixture onto the surface.
2. Apply the product to a minimum depth of 10mm & a maximum depth of 50mm.
3. Compact, screed & trowel finish the final surface as required.
4. Apply the product in layers for thicker repairs.
5. Ensure each preceding layer is rough prior to hardening and prime each preceding layer after hardening.
Note: Honour any expansion and control joints.
DRYING & CURING TIME:
Drying and curing time depends on the substrate, substrate condition, climate, the type of application and the materials being applied. Allow a minimum of 7 days at 20°C, before commencing further work or trafficking.
Clean tools with water immediately after use. If material becomes set on tools, remove using CEMIX CONCRETE DISSOLVER.
STORAGE & SHELF LIFE:
Up to 6 months when stored in the original, unopened packaging, in a dry place at 23°C and 50% relative humidity.
Not to be used on timber flooring.
If your project requires Building Consent, please email email@example.com about the suitability of this product before use.
Approximate yield per bag: 0.01m3