CEMIX CEMSPLASH is a rapid (key coat). It forms an excellent key for application of solid wall plaster 12mm and above. This can be used on certain painted substrates, but please contact a Cemix representative for guidance.
TYPICAL APPLICATIONS & USE
- Application over block work, brickwork and other bare concrete substrates
- Forms an excellent key coat for application of solid wall plaster.
- One component
- Just add water
Please ensure that the surface is free from all loose, weak friable materials, oil, grease, dirt, moss, mould and any other thing that can inhibit bond.
Mechanical preparation techniques for old walls are preferred. Empty contents into a mechanical mixer. Add water gradually, mixing until a smooth desired consistency is achieved. Under ideal
conditions a bag of 25kg would require approx. 5 – 6L of clean water. Mix only until you get the desired consistency and don’t over mix. Pour in a bucket and then apply using a flat dashing trowel/splash trowel. Continue mixing the contents of the bucket as you splash onto the wall. Do not let the mix stand unused for long periods of time. Cure the applied coat with a spray of water, after 24 - 48 hours. Thereafter apply CEMIX CEMPLASTER, thus giving the key coat a minimum of 48 hours to harden properly.
The data shown above
- Complies with NZS 3113/ NZS3103/ NZS 4251 for Plastering.
- Appearance – Grey cementitious powder
- Application Temp – 5 – 30°C
- Yield / Coverage - 25kg bag will approximately 5m².
- Packaging - 25kg bags. Bulk bags available.
reflects typical results based on laboratory testing under controlled conditions. Reasonable variations may occur on site.
Store all cement products in a cool dry area and use within 6 months.
Clean all tools with water & brush immediately after use.