CEMIX COLOURED GROUT is a flexible, smooth finish, cementitious grout. It is suitable for walls and floors in interior and exterior applications. It contains a biocide, which provides it with resistance to a broad spectrum of moulds and bacteria.
• Grouting joints from 1mm to 8mm wide
• Suitable for most types of tiles
• Smooth finish
• Suitable for swimming pools when used in conjunction with CEMIX Tile Bond Latex as an additive
Varies according to the joint width and tile size. Use the table below as a general guide:
All workmanship must be carried out in accordance with AS3958.1.
Before grouting, check ease of cleaning from the face of the tile being used. The surface should be clean and free of loose and friable material. The tile adhesive should be well cured before applying the grout.
1. Add clean water to a mixing container. Use approximately 200ml to 240ml of water per kg of product.
2. Add CEMIX COLOURED GROUT to the water, mixing constantly with a mixing paddle.
3. Allow to stand for 5 minutes and remix.
Note: Do not aerate the mixture by stirring over vigorously or for too long.
1. Apply the grout into the joints using a rubber float or squeegee, ensuring the grout is forced into the joints.
2. Remove any excess product.
3. Allow the grout to firm for 15 minutes. Then using a sponge, remove any excess grout from the tile surface by working diagonally across the joints. Use minimal water and ensure the sponge is frequently rinsed.
4. Once the grout has hardened (approximately 6 to 24 hours), buff and polish the tile surface with a clean dry cloth.
Note: When grouting in external areas, ensure grouted area is protected from any extreme weather conditions until full cure is reached after a minimum of 7 days.
DRYING & CURING:
Once the tiles have been laid they will reach full cure after 14 days after which the grout joints can be immersed in water i.e. swimming pools. Allow longer for lower temperatures, dense tiles or high relative humidity.
Clean tools with water immediately after use. If a haze is left on tile surface by the grout, this can be removed using CEMIX HAZE REMOVER.
STORAGE & SHELF LIFE:
Up to 12 months when stored in the original, unopened packaging, in a dry place at 23°C and 50% relative humidity.
– SETTING TIME : Approximately 2hr
– APPEARANCE : Cementitious coloured powder
– BULK DENSITY : 1.81 kg per litre
– POTABLE WATER : Suitable
– POTLIFE : 30mins
Depending on application, some concavity may occur in wider joints. Shade variation and efflorescence are caused by factors beyond the manufacturer’s control. This can include the nature of cement, job site conditions, finishing techniques and uneven drying conditions. To reduce initial efflorescence, keep the amount of water used in the mixing and cleaning process to a minimum.