CEMIX COLOURED GROUT is a flexible smooth finish cementitious grout designed for use with most types of mosaic, ceramic tiles and natural stone applications in internal or external wall and floor grouting applications for joints between 1mm – 8mm. The grout also contains a biocide, which provides it with a resistance to a broad spectrum of moulds and bacteria. When grouting swimming pools or over timber floors and substrates where movement is expected or for superior performance in general applications, mix the grout with CEMIX TILE BOND LATEX primer & additive as a total water replacement. Please contact Cemix Technical support for more details.
For use with most types of mosaic, ceramic tiles and natural stone applications internal or external wall and floor grouting applications for joints between 1mm – 8mm.
- Smooth finish
- May be used in swimming pools when used in conjunction with Cemix TILE BOND LATEX as an additive
Before commencing grouting, ensure the tile adhesive has set firmly. This usually requires 24 hours weather dependent. Remove any spacer lugs, rake-out any excess adhesive and ensure the joints are free from dust and all other friable loose materials and contaminants likely to prevent the grout bonding. Dampen the joints (not wet) before commencing to grout. For further information, contact the Cemix Technical support 0800 ASK CEMIX.
Movement joints must be incorporated at the design stage and should go right through the tile adhesive bed to the background and be kept free from dirt and adhesive droppings.
1. Add approx. 200 - 240ml of clean water per kilo of grout to a bucket.
2. Sprinkle the grout powder slowly into the water, mixing constantly until a thick creamy toothpaste consistency is achieved – with no lumps.
3. Allow to stand for 5 minutes and re mix. Then the grout is ready to use.
4. When grouting swimming pools or over timber floors and substrates where movement is expected or for superior performance in general applications, mix the grout with CEMIX TILE BOND LATEX primer & additive as a total water replacement.
5. DO NOT aerate the mix by stirring over vigorously or for too long. The mix should be stiff enough to keep its shape when spread with a notched trowel. Always add powder to water and not vice versa.
Apply the grout using a rubber float or squeegee in a diagonal motion, ensuring that the grout is compacted into the entire depth of the joint. Remove the excess grout from the surface of the tiles using the float or squeegee, ensuring that the grout in the joints is not dislodged. Allow the grout to firm up in the joints before cleaning the tiles with a wet sponge or cloth. Regularly rinse the sponge/cloth to ensure proper wiping of the grout haze on the tiles.
Once the tiles have been laid they will reach full cure after 14 days after which the grout joints can be immersed in water (swimming pools). Allow longer for lower temperatures, dense tiles or high relative humidity.
- Where vibration, shrinkage or expansion may occur or to enhance colour, add a degree of flexibility, reduce porosity and staining, use CEMIX TILE BOND LATEX primer & additive by fully replacing the water content when mixing
- To make joints easier to maintain and clean, seal the grout joints with CEMIX GROUT SEALER
- Before grouting, check the ease of cleaning the tiles. This is advisable in particular with textured or matt surface tiles
- In exterior conditions, it is important to provide protection from all extremes of climate during the whole fixing and grouting operation and for as long as possible afterwards
- Mix and grout the entire area in one go as different mix batches may produce shade variation
- Only to be used between 5 °C and 30 °C and avoid extreme wind locations
- Do not apply grout in expansion joints
- Do not use strong acids to clean the coloured grout
Application Temp – 5 – 30 °C
The coverage of the grout will vary depending upon the texture, size and thickness of the tile and the width of the grout joint. Use the table below as a general guide. The data shown above reflects typical results based on laboratory testing under controlled conditions. Reasonable variations may occur on site.
Clean tools and adhesive with water before the adhesive dries.
Twelve (12) months - unopened containers in dry weatherproof storage.