CEMIX CRYSTAL PROOF is a grey, cement based, penetrating waterproofer, designed for use on concrete surfaces in positive and negative pressure applications. It reacts with free lime and moisture in the concrete’s capilleries, continuously forming an insoluble, crystalline structure, thus offering permanent protection.
CEMIX CRYSTAL PROOF can be used as an interior and exterior waterproofer on concrete surfaces, including:
– Water retaining structures such as water storage and drinking tanks
– Inground structures such as lift shafts
– Underground structures such as basement retaining walls and tunnels
– Effective against high hydrostatic pressure
– Becomes an integral part of the concrete, offering permanent protection
– Protects embedded steel from corrosion
– Chemical resistant
– Minimal substrate preparation required
Varies according to the substrate condition. Approximately 0.63m2 per kg of product.
The substrate should be free of dust, grease, wax, oil, dirt, loose plaster, laitance, curing compounds, paint and all other friable materials and contaminants likely to prevent bonding.
New concrete should be left with a wood float finish and sufficiently aged as per manufacturer recommendations.
All substrates should be structurally sound, securely fastened and properly supported to eliminate any movement that may cause cracking.
The substrate should be damp but not wet.
1. Add clean water to a mixing container. Use approximately 250ml to 300ml of water per kg of product.
2. Add CEMIX CRYSTAL PROOF to the water, mixing constantly with a mixing paddle, until a creamy consistency is achieved.
3. Add further CEMIX CRYSTAL PROOF if required.
Note: Only mix as much product as can be used within 15 to 20 minutes. Keep remixing the product during the application process.
1. Apply to the surface generously and evenly, using a thick bristle brush.
2. While the first coat is still damp, apply a second coat at right angles to the first coat.
DRYING & CURING TIME:
Drying and curing time may vary depending on the substrate and climate. It is important to cure CEMIX CRYSTAL PROOF thoroughly after it has set. Keep it damp and covered (if outdoors) for a minimum of 5 days. Avoid rain and freezing conditions for a minimum of 5 days.
Clean tools with water immediately after use. If material becomes set on tools, remove using CEMIX CONCRETE DISSOLVER.
STORAGE & SHELF LIFE:
Up to 6 months when stored in the original, unopened packaging, in a dry place at 23°C and 50% relative humidity.
– Application Temp.: 1ºC – 30ºC
– Bond Strength: 15-20 minutes
– Hydrostatic Pressure Use: Suitable
– Appearance: Cementitious powder
– Potable Water: Suitable
Do not apply if humidity is over 85% or if rain is expected within 48 hours.
Not designed for decorative use. Cannot be painted or tiled over.
To work successfully, the substrate must be cementitious and have a minimum density of 40mm.
If your project requires Building Consent, please email email@example.com about the suitability of this product before use.