CEMIX EASYFLOR is a polymer modified floor leveller for concrete substrates.
CEMIX EASY FLOR FLOOR LEVELLER can be used to prepare concrete substrates and cement sheets before the application of flooring materials, including tiles, laminate, vinyl and carpet. It can be used for toppings and screeds on concrete slabs, and for shower and bath bases.
– Smooth finish – ideal for the application of vinyl
– Durable finish for use in both domestic and commercial areas
The substrate should be free of dust, grease, wax, oil, dirt, loose plaster, laitance, curing compounds, paint and all other friable materials and contaminants likely to prevent the adhesive bonding.
New concrete should be left with a wood float finish and sufficiently aged as per manufacturer’s recommendations.
Smooth surfaces on new and old concrete should be scabbled.
All substrates should be structurally sound, securely fastened and properly supported to eliminate any movement that may cause cracking.
It is recommended to prime the surface with a CEMIX bonding agent before the application of CEMIX EASY FLOR.
The concrete substrate must be absorbent or porous. Test this by sprinkling water on the surface. If the water readily soaks into the concrete, the surface is suitable for application. If the water beads on the surface, the concrete is not suitable for application and any previous coatings need to be removed.
1. Add clean water to a mixing container. Use approximately 200ml of water per kg of product.
2. Add CEMIX EASY FLOR slowly to the water, mixing constantly with a mixing paddle, until a smooth consistency is achieved.
Note: Only mix as much product as can be used within 20 minutes. Do not aerate the mixture by stirring over vigorously or for too long.
1. Pour the mixture onto the surface immediately after mixing – it should be in a slurry form.
2. When a screed of uniform bed thickness is required, move it across the surface at a constant speed.
3. Levels may be corrected by applying a greater or lesser amount of mixture.
4. The semi-hardened material may easily be formed or cut, allowing any necessary adjustments to be made.
CEMIX EASY FLOR LEVELLER can be applied at a bed thickness between 3mm to 6mm. A depth greater than 6mm can be achieved by applying multiple coats.
Note: Honour any expansion and control joints.
DRYING & CURING TIME:
Drying and curing time depends on the substrate, substrate condition, climate, the type of application and the materials being applied. Allow a minimum of 24 hours at 20°C, before commencing further work or trafficking.
Clean tools with water immediately after use. If material becomes set on tools, remove using CEMIX CONCRETE DISSOLVER.
STORAGE & SHELF LIFE:
Up to 6 months when stored in the original, unopened packaging, in a dry place at 23°C and 50% relative humidity.
– PLASTERING STANDARDS: NZS 3113
– APPEARANCE: Grey Cementitious
– APPLICATION TEMP: 5°C – 30°C
– BOND STRENGTH: >3MPa
– THERMAL COEFF OF EXP: 9.0 x 10-6 mm/mm/ ºC
– WORKING TIME: 45 minutes @ 20°C
– TYPE:Ready to use trowelable mortar
– CHEMICAL RESISTANCE: Fair resistance to alkalis, oils and most household chemicals
– FLASH POINT: Not flammable
– DENSITY: Approx 2kg / L when mixed
– POT LIFE: Approx 1hr @ 20°C
The data shown above reflects typical results based on laboratory testing under controlled conditions. Reasonable variations may occur on site.
If your project requires Building Consent, please email firstname.lastname@example.org about the suitability of this product before use.