CEMIX FLOOR LEVELLER is an easy to use, self levelling, grey cement based compound, designed for levelling concrete flooring surfaces and as a tile and slate underlay.
CEMIX FLOOR LEVELLER can be used to prepare concrete substrates and cement sheets before the application of flooring materials, including tiles, laminate, vinyl and carpet. Suitable for interior and exterior use.
– Smooth finish – ideal for the application of vinyl
– Durable finish for use in both domestic and commercial areas
The substrate should be free of dust, grease, wax, oil, dirt, loose plaster, laitance, curing compounds, paint and all other friable materials and contaminants likely to prevent the adhesive bonding.
New concrete should be left with a wood float finish and sufficiently aged as per manufacturer’s recommendations.
Smooth surfaces on new and old concrete should be scabbled.
All substrates should be structurally sound, securely fastened and properly supported to eliminate any movement that may cause cracking.
It is recommended to prime the surface with a CEMIX bonding agent before the application of CEMIX FLOOR LEVELLER.
The concrete substrate must be absorbent or porous. Test this by sprinkling water on the surface. If the water readily soaks into the concrete, the surface is suitable for application. If the water beads on the surface, the concrete is not suitable for application and any previous coatings need to be removed.
1. Add clean water to a mixing container. Use approximately 200ml of water per kg of product.
2. Add CEMIX FLOOR LEVELLER slowly to the water, mixing constantly with a mixing paddle, until a smooth consistency is achieved.
Note: Only mix as much product as can be used within 20 minutes. Do not aerate the mixture by stirring over vigorously or for too long.
1. Pour the mixture onto the surface immediately after mixing – it should be in a slurry form.
2. When a screed of uniform bed thickness is required, move it across the surface at a constant speed.
3. Levels may be corrected by applying a greater or lesser amount of mixture.
4. The semi-hardened material may easily be formed or cut, allowing any necessary adjustments to be made.
CEMIX FLOOR LEVELLER can be applied at a bed thickness between 3mm to 30mm. Normal application bed thickness is 6mm to 8mm. The product is not self levelling below a bed thickness of 6mm and will need to be manually trowelled to level.
Note: Honour any expansion and control joints.
DRYING & CURING TIME:
Drying and curing time depends on the substrate, substrate condition, climate, the type of application and the materials being applied. Allow a minimum of 24 hours at 20°C, before commencing further work or trafficking.
Clean tools with water immediately after use. If material becomes set on tools, remove using CEMIX CONCRETE DISSOLVER.
STORAGE & SHELF LIFE:
Up to 12 months when stored in the original, unopened packaging, in a dry place at 23°C and 50% relative humidity.
CEMIX FLOOR LEVELLER is not self levelling below a bed thickness of 6mm and will need to be manually trowelled to level. Not to be used on timber flooring.
If your project requires Building Consent, please email firstname.lastname@example.org about the suitability of this product before use.
Varies according to the substrate condition. Approximately 0.2m2 per kg of product at a bed thickness of 3mm.