CEMIX MASONRY MORTAR MIX is for professional trade brick and block mortar jobs. It is ideal for all types of masonry work. The mortar displays a high level of workability and coverage, especially suited for the professional brick/block layers. It complies with NZS4210; 1989 for masonry construction.
TYPICAL APPLICATIONS & USES
- Brick and block mortar jointing
- Stone and rock walls
- Paving bedding
- Minor plastering repairs
- No additives required
- High quality masonry mortar
- Contains carefully graded and processed sand fractions
- Exhibits ideal water demand and high workability
- A hi-tech blend of admixtures guarantees great results
Dampen the clay bricks before laying them. Concrete blocks should be laid relatively dry.
Empty contents into a wheelbarrow, mechanical mixer or onto a smooth non-porous surface. Add water gradually, mixing thoroughly until a smooth mix is achieved. Do not over mix. Under ideal
conditions a bag of 20kg would require approx 3-3.3 litres of water. Damp the clay bricks before laying them. Concrete blocks should be laid relatively dry. Place a layer 15 - 20 mm of mortar between layers of
bricks / blocks. The joint gaps are usually 10 - 15mm. Pointing is easier after the mortar has initially set.
CEMIX MASONRY MORTAR MIX consists of a uniformly blended, properly proportioned mixture of sands, Portland cement and other admixtures approved for use in
mortar to improve workability and performance of the product.
The data shown above
- Yield / Coverage - Under ideal conditions, one 20kg bag is enough to lay 30 clay bricks and 16 concrete blocks
- Packaging – 20kg bags
- Complies with NZS 4210; 1989 for Masonry Construction
reflects typical results based on laboratory testing under controlled conditions. Reasonable variations may occur on site.
CEMIX MASONRY MORTAR MIX in a cool dry area and use within six (6) months.
Clean all tools with water & brush immediately after use.