CEMIX MULTIBOND is a high performance latex bonding agent for bonding of a variety of products such as concrete, toppings, screeds, pavers, mortars and plasters. It can also be used with stone, tiles, slate etc. It is used as a multi-purpose bonding primer and admixture where high performance & durability are required. It can be spray applied for larger volume applications.
TYPICAL APPLICATIONS & USES
- Concrete to concrete bonding
- Topping & screed to concrete bonding
- Paver, stone, tiles & slate to concrete bonding
- Mortar to concrete, masonry, stone and fibre cement bonding
- Plaster to concrete, masonry, stone and fibre cement bonding
- Grout to concrete, paving and tile bonding
- Ready to use direct from container
- High bond strength
- Can be used as a primer & admixture
- Exterior & interior use
- Water resistant
- Water based
- Low toxicity
- Can be sprayed applied for large projects
Substrates should be sound & rough to ensure a good bond. They should be uncoated & clean, free from all contaminants, loose particles, dirt, oil, mould, curing compounds, sealers & paints etc. Acid washing, rough honing or scabbling & then water blasting is required to prepare concrete surfaces depending on substrate condition. Washing with soap & water blasting may also be required if oil is present. The better the substrate preparation & condition the better the end result.
ADMIXTURE: Replace 25% - 50% of the mixing water with CEMIX MULTIBOND.
SLURRY: Mix 1.5 - 2 parts of cement with 1 part of CEMIX MULTIBOND.
Primer: Dampen each substrate avoiding ponding & then thoroughly prime the entire surface with Cemix MULTIBOND brushed or sprayed undiluted into the surface. Firmly apply the mortar or concrete into the surface to obtain a wet bond, while the MULTIBOND is still wet. Do not let the MULTIBOND dry.
- Appearance – Milky White
- Application Temp –5°C – 30°C
- SG: 1.01
- Yield / Coverage - Approximately 2.5 - 5m²/L depending on surface texture & porosity.
It is important to agitate this product well before use.
CEMIX MULTIBOND has a shelf life of 12 months minimum when unopened in original containers.
Clean all tools with water & brush immediately after use.