CEMIX NO STEEL CONCRETE is a 28 MPa construction-grade concrete, consisting of a uniformly blended and properly proportioned mixture of aggregates, cement, air-entraining admixtures and special synthetic reinforcing fibres. This is an excellent product for all types of general DIY concrete applications.
TYPICAL APPLICATIONS & USES
- General DIY concrete applications
- Concrete projects 40mm thick or more
- Workshop floors, driveways, floors, patios & sidewalks in residential situations
- Significantly reduced cracking from drying shrinkage
- Superior workability
- Air entrainment for improved freeze-thaw durability
- Greater impact resistance
Empty contents into a wheelbarrow or mechanical mixer or onto a smooth non-porous surface. Add water gradually, mixing thoroughly until a workable mix is achieved. Under ideal
conditions a bag of 25kg would require about 2.5 litres of water. Use the mixed concrete immediately, do not allow
to the mix to stand.
Dampen the substrate before the concrete is placed. Upon placing the concrete at
site, work sufficiently to remove air voids if any and compact well with a tamping rod working into all areas. Level off the corners and finish flat with a wooden float for
coarse finish or a steel trowel for a smooth finish. Use CEMIX CONCRETE CURE WB to cure concrete, or just keep the surface damp for the first 7 days.
Fibers in this mix will resist cracking and thus not prevent cracking caused by overloading the slab with weight or due to movement in the substrate. For commercial heavy-duty slabs please follow the
engineers design guidelines.
CEMIX NO STEEL CONCRETE mix consists of a uniformly blended, properly proportioned mixture of stone, gravel, sand, cement, fibres and other admixtures approved for use in concrete to improve workability and performance of the product.
The data shown above
- Appearance – Cementitious Grey Powder
- Strength (MPa) – 17MPa @ 7 days, 28MPa @ 28 days
- Application Temp – 5°C - 30°C
- Yield / Coverage - One 25kg bag will approximately produce a slab equivalent to 1000 x 300 x 40mm (0.012 cubic meters)
- Packaging – 25kg
reflects typical results based on laboratory testing under controlled conditions. Reasonable variations may occur on site
Where substrate movement is a possibility, we recommend the addition of steel to complements the benefits of fibre.
CEMIX NO STEEL CONCRETE in a cool dry area. Use within six (6) months.
Clean all tools with water & brush immediately after use.