CEMIX PAVETIGHT SAND is a scientific formulation of graded sand to allow flexible filling of vertical joints in segmental paving. It forms a flexible joint allowing slight movement of the pavers. It is ideal for bonding joints of new clay and masonry pavers in domestic and commercial driveways and footpaths, particularly in areas of high wind and steep gradient. CEMIX PAVETIGHT SAND meets NZ standard specification NZS 3116; 1991.
TYPICAL APPLICATIONS & USES
- Sand for locking pavers, clay tiles and cobble joints
- High wind and traffic areas
- Helps resist weeds and insects
- Ideal for areas of high wind and steep gradient
After laying the paving, clean and dry the substrate. Do not apply CEMIX PAVETIGHT SAND to damp pavers. Spread the contents of the bag directly onto the pavers and use a stiff broom to sweep the contents into the joints. Any product left over the pavers, should be swept clean and then work the entire area with a vibrating plate compactor for a minimum of two passes. Due to the vibration, the CEMIX PAVETIGHT SANDwill settle in the joints and more CEMIX PAVETIGHT SANDmay need to be poured over and then broomed in to fill those gaps. Compact the entire area again. Apply a light even spray of clean water. For large-scale commercial applications, please get in touch with the supplier or CEMIX for further advice.
- CEMIX PAVETIGHT SAND consists of a uniformly blended, properly proportioned mixture of sands and other additives to improve workability and the locking performance of the product.
- Appearance – Cementitious grey powder
- Yield / Coverage – 1 x 20kg bag will cover an area of 6 - 7.5m² if the paver thickness is 50mm
- Packaging – 20kg or 40kg bags
- Meets NZ standard specification NZS 3116 1991
The data shown above reflects typical results based on laboratory testing under controlled conditions. Reasonable variations may occur on site.
- CEMIX PAVETIGHT SAND in a cool dry area and use within 6 months
- Clean all tools with water & brush immediately after use