CEMIX PAVETIGHT is a blend of washed, kiln dried, fine sand and admixtures, used to fill joints between pavers, allowing for a flexible joint and the prevention of weeds.
Used for applications including:
– Prevents weed growth between joints
– Weather resistant properties
Ensure the joints between the pavers are dry and free of any contaminants such as soil and vegetation.
1. Spread the bag contents onto the pavers.
2. Use a soft broom to sweep the product into the joints.
3. Work the entire area with a vibrating plate compactor for a minimum of two passes.
4. Sweep any remaining product from the pavers.
5. Due to vibration, the product will settle into the joints, so more product may need to be spread onto the pavers and swept into the joints.
6. Compact the entire area again.
7. Sweep any remaining product from the pavers again.
8. Spray a very light mist of water over the pavers. Ensure no product is left on the pavers before spraying.
Clean tools with water immediately after use.
STORAGE & SHELF LIFE:
Up to 6 months when stored in the original, unopened packaging, in a dry place at 23°C and 50% relative humidity.
Ensure that the pavers are dry before applying this product and that there is no product left on the pavers after application. Failure to do so can result in the
formation of a hard milky coating and paver discolouration. To work effectively, the pavers must have a laid gap width of 2mm to 4mm and the entire area being worked must be compacted. CEMIX PAVETIGHT is not suitable for large format flagstone pavers nor as a bedding for pavers.
If your project requires Building Consent, please email email@example.com about the suitability of this product before use.
YIELD & COVERAGE:
Approximate yield per 20kg bag: 0.01m3
Coverage dependent on paver dimensions
Complies with NZS 3116:2002