CEMIX PRE-MIXED GROUT is a ready mixed, easy to apply grout. It is suitable for walls and floors in interior and exterior applications. Its non-cracking formula contains anti-mould protection.
• Grouting joints from 1mm to 5mm wide.
• Suitable for most types of tiles.
• Ready and easy to use
• Anti-mould formula
• Variety of colours available
Varies according to the joint width and tile size.
All workmanship must be carried out in accordance with AS3958.1.
Before grouting, check ease of cleaning from the face of the tile being used. The surface should be clean and free of loose and friable material. The tile adhesive should be well cured before applying the grout.
No mixing required.
1. Shake the bottle well.
2. Cut the tapered nozzle to the width of the desired grout width.
3. Apply the grout into the joints by holding the bottle at a 90° angle.
4. Using a rubber float or squeegee, ensure the grout is forced into the joints.
5. Scrape any excess away with a rubber float or squeegee.
6. Allow the grout to firm for 15 minutes.
7. Immediately after applying the grout, remove any excess grout from the tile surface by working diagonally across the joints. Use minimal water and ensure the sponge is frequently rinsed. Do not allow the grout to dry on the tile surface.
8. Once the grout has hardened (approximately 6 to 24 hours), buff and polish the tile surface with a clean dry cloth.
Note: When grouting in external areas, ensure the grouted area is protected from any extreme weather conditions until full cure is reached after 7 days.
DRYING & CURING:
The initial set is after 24 hours at 23°C and 50% relative humidity.
Shower walls can be exposed to water from this time. Shower floors should be left to cure for 3 days before being exposed to water.
The grout will reach full cure after 7 days. Allow longer for lower temperatures, high relative humidity or denser tiles.
Clean tools with water immediately after use.
STORAGE & SHELF LIFE:
Up to 12 months when stored in the original, unopened packaging, in a dry place at 23°C and 50% relative humidity.
Not suitable for use in water immersion application i.e. showers, baths, swimming pools, spa sect. Depending on application, some concavity may occur in wider joints. Shade variation and efflorescence are caused by factors beyond the manufacturer’s control. This can include nature of cement, job site conditions, finishing techniques and uneven drying conditions.