CEMIX QUICK PATCH is a fast setting, fibre reinforced, polymer and micro silica modified concrete repair mortar for horizontal, vertical & overhead patching & feather edged applications. It can be used up to 20mm in depth in one layer.
TYPICAL APPLICATION / USES
- Horizontal, vertical & overhead patching & feather edged repairs to concrete
- Precast concrete patching
- Poured concrete patching
- Filling of stable cracks > 3mm
- One component
- Up to 20mm application depths
- Can be feather edged
- Horizontal, vertical & overhead patching
- Short curing times
- Good bond strength
- Improved abrasion resistance
- Low chloride ion permeability
- Fibre reinforced
- Polymer modified
Concrete substrates should be clean & free from all contaminants, loose particles, dust, coatings, dirt, mould, oil etc. Substrates must be sound & rough to ensure a good bond. When filling cracks they should be thoroughly cleaned out by water blasting.
MOVEMENT / CONTROL JOINTS
Honour any control joints in the concrete substrate – do not apply product over control joints. Form control joints in the mortar as required particularly in long thin sections.
Mix whole containers of product. Add 80% of water to mixer & then add
product to water. Add rest of
water slowly whilst mixing until the desired consistency is achieved. Maximum total water is approximately 1.75L for every 10kg of product. Mix thoroughly for 2 to 3 minutes using a drill & paddle or mechanical mortar mixer. Do not mix more product
than can be mixed, placed & finished in 30 minutes. In very hot weather consider using chilled mixing water. In very cold weather consider using warm mixing water.
Dampen the concrete substrate avoiding water ponding. Thoroughly prime the surface with CEMIX MULTIBOND brushed undiluted into the substrate. Do not allow the CEMIX MULTIBOND to dry. Firmly push the CEMIX QUICK PATCH into the surface or void to obtain a wet bond before the CEMIX MULTIBOND dries.
Application is from one side of the patch to the other completely filling the void. Firmly compact the mortar into the void. Feather-edge as required. Trowel finish as required. Apply product in layers for patching thicker than 20mm - Roughen the preceding layer prior to
it hardening; then dampen & prime the preceding layer with CEMIX MULTIBOND after it has hardened just prior to applying the next layer.
Cure product thoroughly after it has set by keeping it wet & covered for at least 7 days. Avoid product freezing for at least 3 days.
The data shown above
- Appearance - Sand/cement grey powder
- Strength (MPa) - 30MPa @ 28 days
- Application Temp – 5°C - 25°C
- Yield / Coverage - 5kg: Approximately 3.1L or 0.0031m3, 10kg: Approximately 6.2L or 0.0062m3, 20kg: Approximately 12.3L or 0.0123m3
- Bond Strength – > 3MPa
- Thermal Coeff. Of Exp – 9.0 x 10-6 mm/mm/°C
- Chloride Ion Permeability – < 1000 coulombs
- Working Time – 30 minutes @ 20°C
reflects typical results based on laboratory testing under controlled conditions. Reasonable variations may occur on site.
Clean all tools with water & brush immediately after use.
- Substrate Temperature - +5°C min. / +30°C max.
- Ambient Temperature - +5°C min. / +30°C max.