CEMIX REPAIR & GROUT is a fast setting, versatile, non-shrink cementitious grout and patching mortar for small projects. It can also be used as a pourable grout. It has high early strength and excellent adhesion qualities.
- Small volume grouting and patching applications
- Repairs to old and new concrete
- Anchors, bolts, rods and dowel grouting
- Structural void filling
- Just add water
- Pourable or trowel on options
- Fast setting – will set in 20 – 30 minutes at 21ºC
- High early strength – 40MPa @ 6 hours / 50MPa @ 24 hours
- Trafficable after 6 hours (weather dependent)
- Shrinkage compensated
- High bond strength
- Extremely durable
Substrates must be clean and free from all contaminants, loose particles, coatings, curing compounds, dirt, mould, efflorescence etc. Substrates must be sound, rough and dampened to ensure a good bond.
Use a suitable bucket for mixing the amount of material required. Always add water first, followed by the dry material. Mix whole containers of product where possible. Mix thoroughly for 2 minutes using a drill and paddle mixer. In very hot weather use chilled mixing water. Do not mix more product
than can be mixed, placed and finished in 15 - 20 minutes. Use product immediately after mixing.
Pourable grout: Add approximately 120ml of water per 1kg of product and begin mixing. Add a small amount of additional water if required, up to a maximum of 150ml per kg in total and continue mixing slowly until a pourable consistency is achieved.
Trowel on mortar: Add approximately 100ml of water per 1kg of product and begin mixing. Add a small amount of additional water if required, up to a maximum of 125ml per kg in total and continue mixing slowly until a porridge type consistency is achieved.
Pourable grout: Typical application depths are from 5mm – 150mm. Dampen the concrete substrate with water just prior to mixing. Avoid any water ponding. Pour CEMIX REPAIR & GROUT into place while the substrate is still damp.
Application is from one side only completely filling the void and avoiding air entrapment. Rod the grout to compact if required. Trowel finish as required.
Trowel on mortar: Typical application depths are from 5mm – 40mm. Build to 25mm on vertical surfaces and 40mm on horizontal surfaces. Apply product in layers for thicker patching. Always apply consecutive layers to a roughened and CEMIX MULTIBOND primed preceding surface. To do this, dampen the concrete substrate and then thoroughly prime it with CEMIX MULTIBOND brushed neat into the surface.
Cure product thoroughly by keeping it wet after it has set for at least 6 hours and preferably for 24 hours. Avoid freezing.
The data shown above
- Appearance – Sand/Cement grey powder
- Strength (MPa) – 40MPa @ 6 hours; 50MPa @ 24hours,; 60MPa @ 28days; 3.2L of water.
- Application Temp – 1oC - 25oC
- Yield / Coverage – As a grout 5kg of product will yield approximately 2.64L or 0.00264m3. As a mortar 5kg of product will yield approximately 2.50L or 0.000250m³.
- Bond Strength – >3MPa
- Thermal Coeff. Of Exp – 9.0 x 10m-6 mm/mm/ºC
- Chloride Ion Permeability – <1000 coulombs
- Working Time – 30 minutes at 20ºC
reflects typical results based on laboratory testing under controlled conditions. Reasonable variations may occur on site.
STORAGE & SHELF LIFE
Can be stored in its original container with lids tightly sealed in a cool place away from direct sunlight for a period of 6 months after production.
Clean all tools with water & brush immediately after use.