CEMIX ROOF & GUTTER REPAIR TAPE is a self-adhesive tape designed for the flashing and sealing of roofs and gutters.
CEMIX ROOF & GUTTER REPAIR TAPE can be used in interior and exterior applications, including:
– Sealing and detailing external sheeting abutments before waterproofing
– Sealing joints between floor and roof sheeting on decks and balconies
– Flashing metal surfaces
– Patching pin holes on roofing and gutter surfaces
– Instant sealing
5 linear metres
The substrate should be free of dust, grease, wax, oil, dirt, loose plaster, laitance, curing compounds, paint and all other friable materials and contaminants likely to prevent bonding.
New concrete should be left with a wood float finish and sufficiently aged as per manufacturer recommendations.
All substrates should be structurally sound, securely fastened and properly supported to eliminate any movement that may cause cracking.
The substrate should be dry.
1. Unroll and cut CEMIX ROOF & GUTTER TAPE to the required length, using scissors or a sharp cutter knife.
2. Place the tape over the area to be sealed and while slowly unwinding, remove the release paper and position the tacky side directly over the area to be sealed. It is not recommended to remove the total length of the release paper before adhering the tape into position.
3. Press the tape into position with a spatula, roller or cloth, ensuring air pockets and creases are removed.
Note: Finishes can be applied immediately after the tape is in place. If waterproofing, it is recommended to use CEMIX ROOF & GUTTER WATERPROOFER directly over the tape surface.
STORAGE & SHELF LIFE:
Store in a cool, dry place.
Not to be used as an exposed flashing. Cannot be applied to wet or damp surfaces. Cannot be applied to masonry.
If applying over cementitious surfaces, it is recommended to prime the surface with a CEMIX primer before application.
If applying over metals, ensure that the surface is rust free and if required, treat the rust before application.
Do not apply solvent-based finishes directly over the tape surface.
If your project requires Building Consent, please email email@example.com about the suitability of this product before use.