CEMIX ROOF & GUTTER WATERPROOFER is a high performance elastomeric and flexible exterior grade brushable waterpoofer with long term UV and weather resistance to exposed and permanently immersed areas. This versatile durable and tough weatherproof coating is able to withstand extreme weather conditions (hot & cold). Exterior protective coating for roofs, gutters, decks, steel, asbestos, aluminium, concrete, bricks, plywood, timber, fibre cement sheets, vertical wall facades and general surfaces exposed to the weather.
TYPICAL APPLICATIONS & USES
Exterior protective coating for roofs, gutters, decks, steel, aluminium, concrete, bricks, plywood, timber, fibre cement sheets, vertical wall facades and general surfaces exposed to the weather
- Water based, non toxic and non flammable
- Can be used where potable water is being collected from roofs etc.
- One pack – easily brush or roller applied
- Very durable and highly flexible to withstand movement
- Resistant to mould growth
- Excellent adhesion to a wide variety of substrates
- Can be painted over with a water based exterior grade paint
All substrates should be structurally sound. Properly brush clean the surface ensuring that it is rust free, clean and free from loose material. Rough surfaces and protrusions should be evened out and levelled out appropriately. Fully remove any existing coatings, grease or any other surface contaminants. If there are holes or honeycombing in concrete substrates, fill it with quick patch repair mortar and allow to cure fully before brush applying the waterproofer. Apply proper flexible silicone sealant to fully seal all joints and corners prior to application of this product.
Apply it generously with a brush. Apply a minimum of 2 coats at right angles to each other with a total dry film thickness of 1.5mm. Let the first coat dry (3 - 4) hours before you apply the second coat. If the areas are to be trafficable apply 3 coats. Allow it to fully cure for 7 days and then do a ponding test to ensure that the waterproofer has been effectively applied. Contact CEMIX technical support if you intend to use this product on large commercial jobs.
MIXING AND APPLICATION
Before applying mix the product in the container with a stirrer.
2m² per litre–with a minimum thickness of 1.5mm. Two coats at right angles to each other are recommended.
The data shown above
- Appearance - Cementitious powder
- Yield / Coverage - 0.5m² per litre – with a minimum thickness of 1.5mm. Two coats at right angles to each other are recommended to achieve this. This is consistent wording with How to brochure
- Packaging - 2L, 4L and 10L pails
- Potable Water – Suitable.
- Hydrostatic Pressure Use – Suitable
- Fresh Concrete Temperature - >5ºC
reflects typical results based on laboratory testing under controlled conditions. Reasonable variations may occur on site.
Do not apply if temperatures are below 10 deg C or if humidity is over 85% or if rain is imminent.
Substrate should be surface dry and there should be no rising or migratory damp. The coating will delaminate if there is rising damp underneath the applied waterproofing membrane. Do not apply where there is heavy foot traffic or vehicular traffic. Roofs and surfaces should have adequate falls. Not recommended on glazed shiny surfaces, like glass etc. Do not apply in thick coats, instead apply in successive coats, allowing the first one to dry before you apply the next one.