CEMIX RUBBERGUARD 90° INTERNAL WATERPROOFING CORNER is a non-adhesive tape designed to reinforce right angled joints, over cementitious and plasterboard surfaces. It is used as part of the CEMIX RUBBERGUARD waterproofing system.
For reinforcing right angled joints in conjunction with the CEMIX RUBBERGUARD system. Suitable for interior use.
• Tear and rupture resistant
• Flexible – elastic recovery when exposed to movement
BRANZ appraised when used as part of the the CEMIX RUBBERGUARD waterproofing system.
The substrate should be free of dust, grease, wax, oil, dirt, loose plaster, laitance, curing compounds, paint and all other friable materials and contaminants likely to prevent bonding.
New concrete should be left with a wood float finish and sufficiently aged as per manufacturer’s recommendations.
All substrates should be structurally sound, securely fastened and properly supported to eliminate any movement that may
It is recommended to prime the surface with CEMIX TILE BOND LATEX to stabilise the surface.
After priming, it is recommended to apply a neutral, cure sealant to all wall and floor junctions and joints.
1. Apply the RUBBERGUARD 90° INTERNAL WATERPROOFING CORNER to a wetcoat of CEMIX RUBBERGUARD waterproofing membrane.
2. Using a spatula, embed the internal corner into this wet coat, ensuring there are no large pockets of membrane nor air behind it.
3. Apply a second coat of CEMIX RUBBERGUARD waterproofing membrane.
Note: On wall and floor joints, horizontal tape should overlap onto the corner by 80mm, and vertical tape should overlap onto the corner by 40mm.
STORAGE & SHELF LIFE:
Store in a cool, dry place.
– APPLICATION TEMP. : 5°C – 30°C
If your project requires Building Consent, please email firstname.lastname@example.org about the suitability of this product before use.