CEMIX RUBBERGUARD REINFORCING TAPE is lightweight and designed to be embedded between coats of Cemix membranes to provide protective reinforcement and increase the durability of the finished membrane coating. Reinforcing Tape exhibits excellent rot resistance and is easy to wet into coats of liquid membranes.
TYPICAL APPLICATIONS & USES
- Reinforcing non-movement joints and junctions
- Reinforcing wall junctions in shower areas between wet area linings
- Reinforcing joint edges
- Reinforcement over non active concrete cracks
- General reinforcement to enhance membrane strength and thickness
- Flexible tape making easy to mould around non-uniform shapes
- Easy to embed into most liquid membranes
Ensure the surface is clean, free of dust, loose foreign matter and debris. Surfaces must be free of oil, wax or grease residues. Wiping over with alcohol based cleaner is recommended so optimum adhesion can be achieved. If applying over dusty concrete, masonry surfaces, prime first with Cemix primer to stabilise
When using CEMIX
RUBBERGUARD REINFORCING TAPE cut to length with blade or scissors and prepare to
position. A liberal coating of the Cemix membrane is applied over the area to be treated and while in a wet state, CEMIX
RUBBERGUARD REINFORCING TAPE is embedded and wetted into the coat. A flat spatula or stiff brush should be used to remove any air pockets or creases. Subsequent coats of
membrane should ensure the CEMIX
RUBBERGUARD REINFORCING TAPE is totally covered and not visible.
Appearance – Reinforcing Polymer fabric.
Application Temp – 5 – 30°C
Packaging – 10m x 200mm
The data shown above
reflects typical results based on laboratory testing under controlled conditions. Reasonable variations may occur on site.
- Fabric must be bedded into a wet coat of membrane.
- Ensure fabric is fully wetted into the coat of membrane.
- When applied correctly excess membrane will seep through the face of the fabric.
- Live cracks, flexing joints or movement junctions should be sealed with CEMIX RUBBERGUARD ELASTIC JOINT Band or CEMIX RUBBERGUARD 180 PEEL AND SEAL TAPE.
- Refer to instructions of Cemix Membrane to be used with this product before commencing.
RUBBERGUARD REINFORCING TAPE needs to be stored in a cool dry place.
Clean all tools with water & brush immediately after use.