CEMIX RUBBERGUARD FABRIC TAPE is a non-adhesive tape designed to reinforce less uniformed joints, over cementitious and plasterboard surfaces. It is used as part of the CEMIX RUBBERGUARD waterproofing system.
For reinforcing less uniformed joints in conjunction with the CEMIX RUBBERGUARD system. Suitable for interior use.
• Flexible – can be placed around less uniformed joints
10 linear metres
BRANZ appraised when used as part of the the CEMIX RUBBERGUARD waterproofing system.
The substrate should be free of dust, grease, wax, oil, dirt, loose plaster, laitance, curing compounds, paint and all other friable materials and contaminants likely to prevent bonding.
New concrete should be left with a wood float finish and sufficiently aged as per manufacturer’s recommendations.
All substrates should be structurally sound, securely fastened and properly supported to eliminate any movement that may cause cracking.
It is recommended to prime the surface with CEMIX TILE BOND LATEX to stabilise the surface.
After priming, it is recommended to apply a neutral, cure sealant to all wall and floor junctions and joints.
1. Unroll and cut CEMIX RUBBERGUARD REINFORCING FABRIC TAPE to the required length, using scissors or a sharp cutter knife.
2. Measure the tape to the length of the area to be sealed, then dry cut the tape.
3. Apply the tape to a wetcoat of CEMIX RUBBERGUARD waterproofing membrane.
4. Using a brush, embed the fabric tape into this wet coat, ensuring there are no large pockets of membrane nor air behind it.
5. Apply a second coat of CEMIX RUBBERGUARD waterproofing membrane.
Note: The fabric tape must be embedded into a wet coat of a CEMIX RUBBERGUARD. When applied correctly, excess waterproofing membrane will seep through the face of the fabric tape.
STORAGE & SHELF LIFE:
Store in a cool, dry place.
– APPEARANCE : Reinforcing polymer fabric tape
– APPLICATION TEMP. : 5°C – 30°C
If your project requires Building Consent, please email email@example.com about the suitability of this product before use.