CEMIX RUBBERGUARD is an elastomeric one component waterproofing membrane, designed for a range of trade and DIY under tile waterproofing applications. Based on high performance polymer technology, RUBBERGUARD offers an easy to use membrane free of solvents and isocyanates. CEMIX RUBBERGUARD offers excellent adhesion properties over many substrates including concrete, masonry, renders, cement sheeting, wet area sheet surfaces and plaster board. RUBBERGUARD is fully compatible with the CEMIX range of screeds and tile adhesives.
CEMIX RUBBERGUARD can be used for:
- Wet areas and shower alcoves
- Podiums, terraces, balconies and deck areas
- Waterproofing applications requiring high vapor barrier properties
- One component
- Elastomeric and flexible
- Once cured will not re-emulsify, handles permanently wet conditions
- Outstanding low water vapor transmission properties
- Excellent adhesion to surfaces
- Compatible bonding properties for CEMIX TILE ADHESIVES, screeds and renders
- Solvent free, nonhazardous, low VOC
- Suitable for internal or external applications
Approximately 1.5 Sq m per litre for general wet area applications.
Concrete substrates should be sound & primed (CEMIX ROCKET PRIME or CEMIX
CEMLASTIC) to ensure a good bond. The substrate should be uncoated & clean, free from all contaminants, loose particles, dirt, oil, mould, curing compounds, sealers & paints etc. Vacuuming may be required to prepare the surface depending on substrate condition. Washing with soap & water blasting may also be required if oil is present. Cracks should be repaired with a suitable Cemix repair product. The better the substrate preparation & condition the better the end result. The concrete substrate should ideally be at least one month old.
As a wet area
RUBBERGUARD requires a suitable bond breaker at all substrate junctions. The Cemix Safeguard detailing tape is recommended to be used.
CEMIX RUBBERGUARD is available in 4L & 15L.
STORAGE & SHELF LIFE
Can be stored in its original packaging in a dry place well sealed for a period of 6 months
- CEMIX RUBBERGUARD is not designed for use as an exposed membrane
- Cemix tile adhesives are recommended for direct adhesion to CEMIX RUBBERGUARD membranes
- Best storage conditions require a dry area, avoiding humidity and frost
- Pot life for the mixed membrane is approximately 60 minutes in normal ambient conditions of ≤23° C
CEMIX RUBBERGUARD membrane should be lightly stirred before
using, and can be applied to both vertical and horizontal surfaces using a roller or brush. A minimum of two coats is recommended to be applied, at a minimum coverage of 1.5 Sq m per litre for general wet area applications.
Recoat: 4 hours
Dry film: 12 hours
Tiling: 24 hours.
Based on normal ambient conditions of 230
Specific gravity of mixed product: 1.28kg/litre
Solids Content: >78%
Appearance: High viscous
Tensile strength: >1.1Mpa
Adhesion to concrete (primed): 1.85MPa
Water vapor transmission: 1.10g/24h/m2
Shore A hardness: 68