CEMIX RUBBERGUARD is an elastomeric, one component, waterproof membrane, designed for a range of undertile waterproofing applications.
CEMIX RUBBERGUARD is used for undertile waterproofing in wet areas, in conjuction with the CEMIX RUBBERGUARD waterproofing system. It can be used on concrete, cement renders, screeds, fibrous cement sheeting, plasterboard and wet area sheet surfaces. Suitable for use in wet areas, including bathrooms, toilets, shower alcoves, laundries and kitchens.
• Easy to use
• Durable & flexible
• Withstands permanently wet conditions
• Excellent adhesion
• Free of solvents and low in volatile organic compounds
Approximately 1.5m 2 per litre, per coat. This equates to approximately 600 to 650ml per m 2 , per coat. A minimum of two coats is required for general wet area applications.
BRANZ appraised when used as part of the the CEMIX RUBBERGUARD waterproofing system.
The substrate should be free of dust, grease, wax, oil, dirt, loose plaster, laitance, curing compounds, paint and all other friable materials and contaminants likely to prevent the adhesive bonding.
New concrete should be left with a wood float finish and sufficiently aged as per manufacturer’s recommendations.
All substrates should be structurally sound, securely fastened and properly supported to eliminate any movement that may cause cracking.
It is recommended to prime the surface with CEMIX TILE BOND LATEX to stabilise the surface.
No mixing required.
1. Stir before use.
2. Apply generously to all joints and corners using a brush.
3. Apply to the vertical and/or horizontal surface using a brush. Use a “left to right” motion throughout this coat application.
4. Apply a second coat using a brush, after a minimum of 4 hours. Use a “top to bottom” motion throughout this coat application.
Note: Use CEMIX RUBBERGUARD as part of the CEMIX RUBBERGUARD waterproofing system.
DRYING & CURING:
Touch dry after 12 hours. Tiling can be commenced after 24 hours. Based on 23°C and 50% relative humidity.
Clean tools with water immediately after use.
STORAGE & SHELF LIFE:
Up to 12 months when stored in the original, unopened packaging, in a dry place at 23°C and 50% relative humidity
– SPECIFIC GRAVITY OF MIXED PRODUCT : 1.28kg/litre
– SOLIDS CONTENT : >78%
– VOC : <85ppm
– APPEARANCE : High viscous; colour blue
– ELONGATION : >460%
– TENSILE STRENGTH : >1.1Mpa
– ADHESION TO CONCRETE (PRIMED) : 1.85MPa
– WATER VAPOR TRANSMISSION : 1.10g/24h/m 2
– SHORE A HARDNESS : 68
To be used as an undertile waterproofing membrane only. This product is not UV stable so is unsuitable as an exposed membrane. CEMIX RUBBERGUARD must be used as part of the CEMIX RUBBERGUARD waterproofing system.